Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans on my flist! It's just a normal day for me, but it did get me thinking about what I'm thankful for. So, here are some things that I'm happy to have around.
- I haven't watched all the videos from the Chicago Con yet, but this one
, where Jensen talks about wanting kids? And Jared's response? Oh my god, pick me up off the floor, because I turned into a puddle of goo. That is just so sweet! I hope he and Danneel have lots of beautiful babies some day. Really, can these guys get any more adorable? There seemed to be a lot of good questions asked this time around. Let's hope Vancouver can get its act together next year...
- Really enjoying White Collar. It's so much fun, and the fact that it's on cable hopefully means that I don't have to worry about it being cancelled right away. Plus, Matthew Bomer has the most piercing blue eyes I've ever seen. I can barely concentrate because I'm too busy staring into them. I'm just sad that it's airing a week behind here. The pilot was free on itunes a few weeks ago, and while I don't think it is anymore, it may be worth a look if you like the combination of a rogue ex-con teaming up with an FBI agent to solve crimes (it's funnier than it sounds).
- Chuck is coming back on January 10th! I'm going to be rewatching an episode or two a night, and by then I'll be all caught up.
- Speaking of rewatching shows, I came across this community called spn_watching
, which is dedicated to rewatching Supernatural from the beginning. I think it's a good idea, but so far, they only have a couple members, so if this sort of thing interests you, then I'm sure they could use a few more people.
did this amazing picspam/meta
about the significance of how colour is used on Supernatural, specifically red and blue, and how it relates in a greater context to so many issues. It's something I hadn't noticed much before, but the way it's laid out here is brilliant and a must-see.
- Some of you might remember that earlier this year, I made a fanmix
that included a song called "No Heaven." Well, now someone has done a vid to that song, and it's pretty much just how I'd hoped it would look. I would've tackled it myself if I knew where to start, but fortunately, I didn't have to. That's one of the great things about the Supernatural fandom - there seems to be a collective consciousness about this sort of thing. Or maybe that's not the right term? You only have to wonder if someone has done a vid to a certain song, and then there it is! Though as a vidder it's probably frustrating, because a lot of good stuff has been done already. Anyhow, go check out
is a great site where people can post mixes of at least eight songs or more (hence the name). You can browse by genre, artist or tags; skip songs you don't like; add mixes you like to your favourites; share mixes with others (but no downloading); and "follow" a person if you like the mixes they've made. There are a few odd quirks to it, though, like you can't post a list of the songs in the mix; it's against the terms of service. I guess they prefer you to go through and listen to it song by song and be surprised or something. They also shuffle around the songs if you listen to the mix more than once. They say it's required by their license. Which is annoying, because I know when I construct a mix, it's often meant to be listened to in order because it doesn't make sense out of context and just flows better as a whole. Regardless, I will probably be joining and adding some of my own mixes to see how it goes. As for fannish mixes, there don't seem to be a lot of them (which is fine), but I did find this cute Blair/Chuck mix called "Dirty Pretty Rich Kid Blues."
It does sound a lot like stuff you would hear on Gossip Girl, and I love the tag: "your ascot clashes with my headband." Heh.
I was also going to talk about some other music I'm into at the moment, but this took longer than I thought and it's getting late, so that will have to wait until later. If you have any fun stuff you want me to know about, please share. :)